Wednesday, October 19, 2011

For what it is worth

I  have written to my MP,

Dear Mr Hughes,

As you are only to aware the the Business Committee yesterday timetabled a debate and vote upon the thorny question of giving the people the chance to vote in favour of staying in the European Union by means of a referendum.

As my MP, and as a Liberal Democrat, a party it must be remembered supported the  idea of a referendum on an In/Out question I would ask you to support this motion, by voting Yes to an In/Out referendum. To do so would give the people of this country the chance to dcide on their own future, and it would also allow you to vote along your party's pre-Coaltion agreement stated position.

I look forward to hearing from you before next Thursday, the 27th of October when the debate and vote wil be taking place.

Yours sincerely,

Gawain Towler
I am not expecting much to be fair

1 comment:

Nota reargunner said...

You're bloody lucky. In Blackpool South we have an MP who lives with his boyfriend in Brighton, does not reply to Veteran heterosexuals who raise angst over family or legal matters. Yet he was Lieber rep for Veteran Affairs, receives his £74K under deception and claims a Kings ransom for administrative work that does not appear to cover constituents concerns.

Vote ME, I'll do nothing as well.

Twitter