Thursday, March 24, 2011

Only in Devon

I love Devon, a county of great beauty and better people. But every now and then something pops up that fits a certain stereotype. Today is one of those days.
A serial pervert with a fetish for cow manure who terrorised a farmer and his family for six years has been jailed for two years.

David Truscott, 41, was discovered in a field, covered in manure and mud and naked apart from a single sock, by the farmer’s 16-year-old son on February 26 this year.
I know his actions are ghastly, and I know it must have been vile for the family, but still...


Andrew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew said...

While the article cited is posted on the Devon version of the Western Morning News Website (, I do believe Truro and Cambourne are actually found in Cornwall and not Devon...

Although I do agree with you that Devon is a county of beauty ;-)

Gawain Towler said...

Mea maxima culpa.

I suspect that there maybe something in that it was a Devonian news site. All that cross Tamar rivalry.

I of course, got the wrong end of the stick