Thursday, November 18, 2010

Van Rompuy's head vanishes up his ...

I am beggining to wonder quite how tone deaf the Eurocracy is? I mean seriously I have just recieved an invitation to go along to an event organised by the EPP, featuring everybody's favourite bank clerk, Mr Heramn Van Rompuy, your President and ours.

Entitled,
“Stability, Security, Prosperity - the future of Europe and the Euro”
One begins to wonder what newspapers the man and his advisors read, The Utopian Times maybe?

If you are in Brussels tonight, go along, laden with rotten fruit.

6 comments:

Sue said...

Why don't you go and ask him?

Gawain Towler said...

Ah, I would, but I amin London.

It ... just....beggars...belief

Looking forward to reading the speech though

DaveA said...

Trying not to get too bogged down in schadenfreude, but Van Rompuy reminds me of Hitler in his bunker in April 1945 moving imaginary divisions round the map of Europe and how he will rule the world.

My opinion for what it is worth is that alas the EU will survive this and will throw the kitchen sink no matter what the cost is. Europe will pay the price with low growth, and an accelerating decline in relative wealth and power, compared to India and China.

Gawain Towler said...

Dave,

I am afraid you are right, as TEBAF Margot Wallstrom said after the French and Dutch No votes (and I paraphrase)
"We politicians have invested too much in the European project to give up now..."

Anonymous said...

Click Click Click go the needles of Madame Defarge.

Anonymous said...

Man with Van are knowledgeable enough to deal with most removal requests.
They did very fine work, thank you. Keep it up.
man and van edinburgh

Twitter