Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Ghost of Christmas present



How dare this country criticise others on human rights.

Dick Puddlecote directs me to this video, it is harrowing.

The scene a man and his son at home.

Enter the three wise men (with a social worker).

If you don't come quietly then we will handcuff the child.

The child obviously has no intention of going.

Now of course I have no idea of the rights and wrongs of this specific case. But it is apparant that the child isn't being coerced to stay.

When two officers force him to the ground to cuff him, one of the police, before knocking the camera to the ground attempts to block the father from filming the scene by waving his sheet of paper which gives him authority.

Of course this is done for the good of the child now, isn't it.

Chris Booker has been highlighting this issue now for months.

3 comments:

Dick Puddlecote said...

Thanks for the link. I found it disturbing since I naturally put myself in the father's shoes while watching it.

Gawain Towler said...

Quite

Weekend Yachtsman said...

Quite frankly, they would have to kill me.

I am sure they wouldn't hesitate to do so, but I am pretty confident I'd take at least one of them with me.

Stalin used to arrest and remove parents, and just leave little children to fend for themselves (the neighbours wouldn't help them, for fear of being labelled friends of an enemy), but afaik even he never sank this low.

What kind of country are we living in?

Twitter