Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Humour, a users guide from Microsoft

With Footnotes...
To avoid overdoing humor, ask yourself:

• When have I used humor in the last year when I shouldn’t have? When may it have backfired?

• Do I ever encourage a near party atmosphere because of my comfort with using humor?

• Knowing that some people are more easily offended than I, could my use of humor put people off? Is there a chance I’m offending people but I’m unaware of it?

• Do I avoid discussing or solving the real issue by making a joke?

Oh Brother, or Dell or ...

2 comments:

Chuckles said...

Chinese translator,'The presenter has just made a joke, you will all laugh'...

A corporate manual/presentation for humour, and the use thereof? Not even a German or a Labour politician could come up with anything that preposterous.
In Germany, ve like ze good English yoke ja?

Anonymous said...

If you want a good laugh, try:

www.despair.com

It is to motivational posters what "I'm sorry I haven't a clue" was to BBC Radio 4 Panel Games.

Twitter