Thursday, March 31, 2005

I booked what!

Pretty disturbed by what I saw in my inbox yesterday.

Dear XXXXX

Thank you very much for your application form for the
next 'Leicester' conference in April. I'm delighted that
you would like to attend the conference and note that
you are applying for the 'A' sub-conference.

I've noted that you are paying your fee of £2,250 by
credit card and this will be debited tomorrow, as
requested.

Please find further information about the conference,
venue and travel but if you have any questions in the
meantime, please don't hesitate to contact me.

We look forward to welcoming you to the conference.

Best wishes

Whodja-ma-phlip


Whodja-ma-phlip

Tavistock Institute



There were a couple of deliberate errors in this email.
1- I have no idea what a "Leicester" conference is. (though looking at it I am not sure I want to.
2- I have not requested that anybody remove £2,250 from my credit card today.
3- Dammit I don't even own a credit card.

They did however spell my name right. So I phoned just to see if this was some form of sophisticated spam. Sadly the correspondent was charming apologetic and nice as pie, so I couldn't let of a stream of righteous indignation.
Blast

No comments:

Twitter