Monday, September 06, 2010

Post code lottery

Did you know you can get a personalised Post Code. Nope?

Nor did I, until I saw this,
European Commission
32 Smith Square

The European Commision and Parliament are, as is well known, moving into the old Tory HQ at Smith Square. I used to write to people there and I was sure that that wasn't the old address, so I checked, and sure enough the post code has changed,
32 Smith Square,

I wonder how much of our money that little piece of PR vanity has cost?


tredford01 said...

The Scottish Parliament has long had EH99 1SP as its postcode to commemorate its name and year of establishment.

Gawain Towler said...


I guess the Royal mail uses it to suck up to powerful organisations.

I have been informed that no money exchanged hands.
I was also informed,
"The official line is that we were offered a number of post code possibilities, and the EU one was available, so it would have been foolish not to take it".

I am amused by the use of the phrase, "oficial line".

Anonymous said...

it did not cost anything. not even 1 Euro.
UK leave the EU! Please!!!! and do it asap. we are tired of you