Monday, September 06, 2010

Post code lottery

Did you know you can get a personalised Post Code. Nope?

Nor did I, until I saw this,
European Commission
32 Smith Square
LONDON
SW1P 3EU

The European Commision and Parliament are, as is well known, moving into the old Tory HQ at Smith Square. I used to write to people there and I was sure that that wasn't the old address, so I checked, and sure enough the post code has changed,
32 Smith Square,
London,
SW1P 3HH

I wonder how much of our money that little piece of PR vanity has cost?

3 comments:

tredford01 said...

The Scottish Parliament has long had EH99 1SP as its postcode to commemorate its name and year of establishment.

Gawain Towler said...

Interesting,

I guess the Royal mail uses it to suck up to powerful organisations.

I have been informed that no money exchanged hands.
I was also informed,
"The official line is that we were offered a number of post code possibilities, and the EU one was available, so it would have been foolish not to take it".

I am amused by the use of the phrase, "oficial line".

Anonymous said...

it did not cost anything. not even 1 Euro.
UK leave the EU! Please!!!! and do it asap. we are tired of you

Twitter