Wednesday, June 16, 2010

That you win your battles abroad, but for what purpose?

Angela Merkle must be feeling pretty despondent. Though it seems that she is winning the battle in the EUI, outflanking the French and surely demolishing the position of Hague and cameron, this will seem thin gruel if the latest polls back home are anything to go by,
A new survey finds that 86 percent of Germans are dissatisfied with Angela Merkel's government and the chancellor's own popularity has hit a new low.
The ARD television poll Wednesday found only 12 percent satisfied with Merkel's center-right government — the worst showing for an administration since 2004.

She must know how Esau felt.
and Esau came from the field, and he was faint:
And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.
And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright.
And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?
And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.
Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.

Twitter