Monday, October 05, 2009

There are still rebellious Irishmen left

So may I salute Maurice Timony for taking on the establishment. Nice to have Philip Morris behind him as well.

He has taken a case against Ireland's tobacco display ban,

Timony said he should be entitled to display the products which the Irish government has given him a licence to sell.

"The country is swamped in legislation that is making life very difficult for compliant retailers like me. The ban on the display of cigarettes is just one example of a piece of over-regulation that has negatively affected my business," he said.

"As a law-abiding retailer, I have a responsibility to my employees to make sure that I can continue to employ them going forward. Simply put, enough is enough."

Well quite

No comments:

Twitter