Thursday, February 12, 2009

How far can a politician crawl up his own fundament


Apparently all the way. I give you perhaps the most self serving, deluded piece of 'Gosh. Aren't I wonderful' drivel that I have seen in all my time in Brussels. It even beats Nirj's "I survived the Tsunami, so don't worry", presser from a few years back.
Here is the Slovenian EPP MEP, Alojze Peterle and his extraordinary invitation.
Dear colleagues and friends,

At your request, I am going to give a lecture about my recent fasting for a whole month. I have abstained from food and drinks (except for water and fresh orange juice) for the whole month of January 2009.

I would like to share with you my reasons for fasting, the method I used and the results I have achieved from it.

I consider the decision to fast as the best one I have made so far this year. I feel that this experience has given me the important energy and strength I need for the looming European election campaign.

With pleasure, I would like to invite you to my presentation about fasting, on the 18th of February 2009, from 8am to 9am, room: ASP 5H-1.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

With kind regards,

Lojze Peterle MEP
(EPP-ED)

P.S. I kindly ask you to reply to: blocked::mailto:alojz.peterle-assistant3@europarl.europa.eu if you wish to participate.

Alojz PETERLE MEP (EPP-ED)
European Parliament

ASP 5F366
Rue Wiertz 60
B-1047 Brussels
Belgium

Tel: +32 (0)2 28 45638
Fax: +32 (0)2 28 49638
E-mail: blocked::mailto:alojz.peterle@europarl.europa.eu
I would love to know who actually asked him to do this, and whether they were joking.

No comments:

Twitter