Friday, April 08, 2005

Run that past me again

"If the European Constitution is not ratified on January 1st 2007, there is a risk of seeing this compound reality which is the European continent pervaded by a system of free exchange which is too simplistic for such a complex continent",

The current rotating President of the Council of Ministers, the Luxemburger Mr Juncker. As reported in this morning's Greek press.
Now if I can translate that comment into English I understandf it to mean that if we refuse to support the Constitution then we will achive what we British Eurosceptics would like to see, that is a European free trade zone.
Of course he is saying this to frighten the French, I wonder what will be said to frighten the English when it comes our time to voote - not this I am betting

No comments:

Twitter